Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Already?

I can hear the sighs. Is it the end of August? Already?


Yes, that. Already.


Got me thinking of how we’re continuously surprised at the passage of time. You’d think we’d have gotten it by now.


And this got me thinking about now, and about another “already”—


The things I’m all ready for right now.



I’m all ready to start drafting a new Middle Grade novel.


I’m all ready to let anxiety abate about dear ones and the world in general. Worrying hasn’t been helpful.


I’m all ready to make a positive contribution to the general pool, and accept feeling good about it. (Hint, I’m ever-so-very ready to have an acceptance or two in the pile of rejections in my inbox.)


Yup, I’m already ready. 




What are you ready for?
Let’s do it together—
Ready, set, GO!





10 comments:

Vijaya said...

OH man, I'm so ready too ... but feeling kind of teary today with Michael and Max going off to Ave Maria. Christmas is a long way away.

Mirka Breen said...

I so know the place where your tears are... Another week and I'll be there, too.

Janie Junebug said...

I accept you and like you for who you are. Does that count as an acceptance?

Love,
Janie

Mirka Breen said...

I'll gratefully take it.

Kelly Hashway said...

I'm ready to get to work on September edits, but it's still August. LOL I'm ahead of schedule. That means I'm revising for myself and squeezing in some drafting time.

Mirka Breen said...

The next book you write, Kelly, could be about how you do it. It's a combination of motivation, organization, the ability to focus-- all coupled with talent. Only, unlike most, you don't let your talent(s) slumber.

Evelyn said...

Amen to what Janie said. <3

I'm ready to rest.

Mirka Breen said...

With the busy last few weeks you've had, some rest sounds like just the thing.

Traci VW said...

Yep, I'm ready too. Ready to finish two dummy books for picture books I've written. Ready to sub another PB and a MG some more. And ready to finish the second draft of another MG. Plus a multitude of other various creative projects.

Mirka Breen said...

Oh, my. You are readier than ready! :)